How to Stay on Track with Your Fitness Goals
Firstly, congratulations on having a fitness goal, in doing that you have created an “intention” and made a choice to move forward toward your goal. With this frame of mind, there are no failures; the choice and consistent effort is a success, even if you wobble, look at setbacks as an opportunity to revaluate and adjust your journey, and not an opportunity or excuse to give up. Our mental attitude and how we frame disappointing experiences is essential to happiness and success so stay positive. There is more danger in doubt and worry than in optimism.
10 Tips to Stay on Track with Your Fitness Goals
- Whatever your fitness goals, the first thing to do is make sure they are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and you have a timescale.
- Constantly remind yourself why you created a fitness goal and visualise who you want to see in the mirror a year from now
- Treat exercise as an appointment which you keep on a specific date and time which suits you and your lifestyle.
- Blend moments of exercise into your daily schedule, create opportunities to walk more and be more active. A pedometer can be a great motivational tool. An average of 2,000 steps burns up to a 100-calories a day, which, over a year, can add up a loss of 10 lbs.
- Social support makes exercising more fun so regularly exercising with friends and colleagues will help you stay on track with the added benefit of social interaction.
- Don’t think of a diet as denying yourself anything, consider it a positive lifestyle choice
- Stay motivated and don’t let insecurities slow you down. Take time to celebrate your achievements no matter how small.
- Ensure your diet supports your fitness goals, eat a fresh healthy balanced diet. Start by reducing the amount of salt, sugar and unhealthy fats in your diet and drink more water. Eating too much or too little will have an affect on your fitness goals so keep track of your nutrition by keeping a food diary.
- Seek professional advice and support to ensure you are on the right track with your diet and exercise.
- Use a calendar or diary to monitor your progress. This feeds the part of the brain that wants to list accomplishments and will keep motivation high
Progress is impossible without change. Your fitness goal means every step, no matter how small, is a step in the right direction. You can adjust your journey but keep the goal!
The Fitness Chef has nutritionist approved plans to help find your perfect portion size and offer nutritionally balanced breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. We make balanced meals available to busy London workers and produce fresh, nutritionist approved dishes and smoothies, which can be delivered to your door or picked up from our kitchen based in the City Point Building, Moorgate. For anyone who needs a more bespoke meal plan we are more than happy to provide a tailor-made service please contact us by Email.